Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pray

It is official, I need a change.

The day was rough, cloudy and long and with this I have come to the conclusion that I need to change the way I am doing my travels. Time to pray, well in a way... I am switching gears, time to try to volunteer.

I think that the best thing for me to do is give back, and since I am trying to pursue environmental politics why not doing something for the environment?!

I am going to look into spending time helping with reforestation or helping leatherback turtles, maybe stainable agriculture or something like that... I have a few that I am looking at and when the wifi staters working again I will hit it up.

This was easily decided when I was going freaking crazy in the bus and decided that I need to stop traveling for a while and just stick to a home base. So in around two days time I will head back to Costa Rica to try to find a place to work for the remainder of my time away, this will hopefully help with the costs as well.

There are many things that I have concluded thus far with this trip.

1) God I am small. There is so much outside of my zone of understanding, so many things that I will never understand and this is ok. I guess I strive to always be right and have this chip on my shoulder, like I must prove myself to others, I am my worst enemy when it comes to myself.

2) the world is beautiful, harsh and beautiful. I am sitting in one of the most beautiful places and looking at some of the greatest sights and this beauty comes hand in hand with death and destruction, for in this river are sharks and crocodiles, yet there are still swimmers and I still want to jump off the pier and swim in the Rio Dulce.

3) I hate being alone. And as of this very second I am perfectly fine with that. If I don't like to be alone then why the hell am I making myself be alone? I can still be self sufficient and still make my own with another person, so why do I freak out about it?! As someone I know said maybe you're and introvert and an extrovert... Is there any reason why I couldn't be? There a times when I love to be alone and there are times when I like to have people around... It has been nice having people with me to travel.

4) I am so FREAKIN impatient! I have come to the conclusion that it is hard for me to just breathe. I have been working on this for sometime and this has been the destruction force in some way for a very important relationship. How do you learn to be patient? Does it just come as you get older? I'm always in a rush and I'm always trying to get here and there, do this and that. Hurry hurry hurry! DAMN! I can sit here and tell myself to change, but how? I have been trying to slow my pace on things and take my time but that doesn't always work.

5) I have great friends. So many people have been so helpful on this trip back there at home. It amazes me, it makes me feel loved! I love the fact that my friends are so awesome and true! Finally. So I would like to say

THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS THAT HAVE AIDED ME ON THIS TRIP... You know who you are! If I start naming I will leave someone out and they will feel bad and I don't want to do that right now. So thank you

I am going to stop now,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment