Saturday, July 2, 2011

The past few days.

Hello everyone,

Wow what adventures! From Ometepe to Granada the on the back of a motorcycle to the surfing town of Papoyo.

Papoyo was great the vibes were a little abrasive but the area itself was beautiful!


The first day there we went well jumping


There is a yoga retreat owned by James (a guy there) and he has a brackish well there that was huge!

We uncovered the well and found two birds in the water one was dead :( but we saved one! Just happens that it is the national bird of Nicaragua.


So of course that was awesome! One life saved.

It was a lot of fun. We jumped and jumped and jumped, for a reason. The reason being the owner James wanted to film the jumps and I helped him because my camera was an underwater camera so I helped him take some video and take some pictures. It was fun.

We got over it pretty fast though.

I was hanging out with Jared. He was they guy that I hoped a ride with to Papoyo. We went and got lunch and had some cool fruit drink which made things a lot better. After that I went and took a nap and then we hung out later. It was great getting to know him.

I stayed in Papoyo for three days and then I got a bus from there to Managua the capital of Nicaragua. It was a crazy town. I had to mind myself and watch my surroundings.
I left the next day for Guatemala, with a stop in San Salvador, El Salvador. the first place we were going to stay was shady so we decided to go to a different place. We= myself and the three other people I met (the Australian,Gaston (the Argentinian), and Trevor the Cali guy)

We woke up in San Salvador to a great sunrise



It is always nice traveling with other people. It makes the time go by faster. We left the Ausi in Guatemala city. The only time that was spent in the city was getting through it in the psycho bus for $10. EXPENSIVE! We all thought that we were going to die (don't worry) then we got to Antigua. The tourist capital of Guatemala! It is beautiful though.




THe main church. I went inside and it was beautiful, I felt wrong taking pictures in the church. So no pics sorry.



This was another of the many churches. That was yesterday this is from today! Oh yeah and it rained all day.




Do you notice a difference? Lol I do!




The streets in Antigua are cobblestone and the volcano in. The back is hidden. It is very beautiful.



There are going to just be pictures from here on out.




A performing family. They were pretty good!




This kid was having so much fun and the water made it look really cool so I took a picture.




Lunch! It was sooooooooo good and it only cost $2




On of the many churches.




Part of the market. This is only a very very very small fraction of the market. It goes on forever inside. Trevor and I got lost for a minute. But it is cool as hell.

And that was pretty much the day. Now I am sitting here writing this blog and chilling. I need to go get my laundry and go get some more cash.

Hope all is well.


Micah


No comments:

Post a Comment