Monday, July 4, 2011

Tikal, Guatemala

What a magical day. We all "slept in" (8:30), it was nice but our room stinks like mildew and it is way to hot... Whatever it costs less than 7 bucks a night.

Flores is a nice little island right outside of santa Elena. After we all got moving we walked around a little through town in search of la paramecia (one of the guys got a little sick from something last night). So while one of us was looking for medication to help his stomach the other two of us were looking at the sights. This is a very colorful town, really laid back very chill.





After walking around for a little bit we go a move on to Tikal.




This was one of he most Awesome places I have ever been too. I was praying that he sun would come out for a little while to brighten the day... And it did for a little while! Long enough to get a sweat on. The pictures turned out great. We spent about 5 hours there and killed two batteries (cameras) I took about 140 pictures. Some of them turned out really good. It was so amazing to see how these temples looked back then. It was interesting to see how mug work has been put into he for restoration because of course he Guatemalan jungles are pretty harsh. He sun finally died away and the rain started pouring but we didn't care. By his time I was barefoot and it was awesome. Trekking through the Mayan ruins with no shoes, really made it feel like I was doing what the Maya did back then... Well kind of. All in all the majesty that is Tikla was worth every penny, and it is one area that I have always wanted to see just never fully knew where it was, now I know lol. Here are some of the wonderful pictures from the day. This is a day that I will never forget. This to me was the climax of my adventure on the ground. Now it is time to hit up a few more places to relax a little then off to a beach to dig into my head and fix some things that need some working on. My eat portion of the trip is over now it's time for the pray portion. Don't think there will be a love portion... Not really something I'm looking for. But you never know when you're not looking for it is when it finds you... Right?... Enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them and basking in the magic of Tikal.



















































The two guys I'm traveling with, they are a lot of fun. Gaston and Trevor.




















That is good enough you can see it was great!

Good night!

Micah


No comments:

Post a Comment