Saturday, June 18, 2011

En Tortugero

What a cool day in Torgtuero! We did a jungle hike, it was fun we didn't see anything that amazing but it was still pretty awesome! Here are my pictures for the day.


Started the day off with an awesome piece of banana bread. And when I mean awesome I mean it was AWESOME! Followed by a BLT with avocados. Then off to find the national park.


This is the main "road" in Tortougero. It is big enough for the vehicle of choice the four wheeler.
We got to the park found out that we needed to get rubber boots in order to do the hike we rented them for $1 And started on our way.


They say the boots were for the snakes but we think they were for the ants!











Leaf cutting ants there were millions of them! Thank god for our $1 rubber boots!


That hole is big enough to stick your fist in by the way.


The beach from the jungle.





The three amigos decided they wanted to get wet so they stuck their feet in the ocean, only it wasn't that hard, and they would find out that getting them dry without sand rubbing the hell out of their skin would be hard! Lol but they figured it out and it was one funny thing to watch. They had a blast doing it and it was a blast watching them.


They decided that the best way to do this was to fill their boots with water and rinse their feet off on the beach! Perfecto!


So much fun... Back to the jungle.



This is a termite house.
And these are it's termites.


The were a lot of cool lizards.






And some other cool bugs





Not to mention the really cool trees! (I love my camera!)

We walked back on the beach


Then we parted ways and I went and took a nap. Then I got up hungry so I decided I would go to miss miriams again! Yummy


And have some of her awesome Caribbean flavored chicken.



Yummy! Now I'm off to bed. Buenas Noches!

Pura Vida!

Location:Tortugero

No comments:

Post a Comment