Friday, June 24, 2011

Fireflies on a volcano island with fresh water sharks!

Well I decided that I would change things up and travel to Nicaragua. I left San Jose Costa Rica this morning at 6am and was on a bus almost all day. It was ok I was in an aisle seat so I couldn't see much, but I'll be back in Costa Rica in a month so I'll see more then. The boarder crossing was a little shady but it went by nice and smooth and it was easy to cross. I decided that I would try this Couch Surfing thing and have landed a sweet spot on the island of Ometepe in Nicaragua. It has been a great day and I am going to crash here soon. Here are some great pictures.

Isle de Ometepe








I got to the island and found my way to Zkini's place it is great! Met some cool people from Memphis, Australia, and Germany. Saw some FIREFLIES! and had a great dinner tonight. Life is great and so far Nicaragua is beautiful! Two countries one trip, only three more to go! You'll have to see what other countries I will go to. Stay tuned. Peace!

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment