Saturday, June 18, 2011

To Tortugero

The day started bright and early in San Jose. 345 AM I was up showered and made my way out of hostel Pangea. It was still dark out and I was still half asleep. Must get to the bus station by 445 to get a ticket to Cariari (so the website said) as I am walking in SJ I start to get a little freaked out. They say that the area that I was walking in was sketchy at best. So I was prepared to get my ass kicked (that didn't happen) I made it to the station safe and sound. Found the ticket counter by some guys sayin something I couldn't understand and pointing (thank god he pointed!). Bought my ticket and I had 30 minutes to spare. 5am came... No bus to Cariari... 530 came... Still not bus, at this point I was getting a little freaked out. So I went through my little espanol book that Josh made for me (oh my god so freaking handy!) and the Spanish dict iPhone app (don't leave home without it!) and proceeded to the ticket counter... A que hora es la buse par Cariari? (oh my god did he understand me???!) seis y trenta he says... But he says it so fast I look like a deer in head lights. So he proceeds to write down on the paper 6:30am. A sense of relief went through my body. The bus had not come and the website was FREAKIN wrong! So I sit down and wait. As I am waiting I get a lady next to me that starts talking to me like I know what she is saying. She was saying something like I'm going to tortugero as well.... She shows me so me pictures and I am stoked about it. Then there was this blonde guy that sits down by me and I look at him and was like "where are you going?" he looks at me like I looked at the man at the counter and I get totally confused... "I not understand" and then I feel stupid lol. Later I would find that he was from espana and that I probably should not assume something. Finally off on the bus and get to Cariari and I see three people that had been at hostel Pangea with me and I proceed to talk to them come to find out they are from San Luis Obispo (slo) which seems to be a common thing for people traveling to CR already met five people from SLO.
Tamara, Mike and Eric would come to share some great times with me I asked them if I could tag along with them, it made me feel a lot more comfortable and they said sure.


The they are the picture is a little dark sorry but you will see more of them soon, don't worry. They have been so freaking awesome and have given me the ability to share so really cool moment with someone. From Cariari we would go through the banana plantations and take a long bumpy road to la pavona. Then we had to get on a boat to get to Tortugero. It is the single most coolest trip I have ever taken here come the pictures!


**A note I have been working on this blog for about 30 minutes now and it just crashed on me so now your not going to get the cool walk through... Wll not as good.**










The clic clic was the boat service we took that is what it looks like.




The guy behind Eric and Tamara was the single most helpful person on the trip he had a lot of great info.




This is a river!




A house I will one day want to make!



Welcome to the jungle! The jungle was everywhere! As we were riding down the river we passed a crocodile! It was AWESOME and we even got a few screams lol.




I thought this to be beautiful the contrasts in the green and grey eighths white crane.



The town of Tortugero. The most amazing place I have EVER been to.these people hold some of the richest lives they really know how to live life and cook some damn good food! I have decided this is where I am going to end my trip! 5 days in Tortugero will be pure paradise!



Del mar caribe! This is an amazing beach if you look to your left the beach goes on for as far as the eye can see this is the same with looking to your right.





And the sand is black.
The water is warn and wonderful! Here come the fun pictures.

***CAUTION: these pictures may make you leave your home and come directly to Tortugero and swim with us. We do suggest this!













This was a lot of fun!


And I have made friendships that I hope will last forever! Es La Pura Vida!

Location:San Jose CR to Tortugero CR

No comments:

Post a Comment