Sunday, June 19, 2011

The longest bus ride ever! But I'm in CR so who cares!?

This was the longest day but it was fun. The public transportation system here in CR is great! I wish the US could learn from here! Started the day up at 5am to this




One of the most beautiful things ever! The sun up over the Caribbean sea is something to marvel all other sunrises!

The BOAT leaves at 6am sharp and they got full real fast. I was there at 530 just in case... Thankfully I got there when I did, someone opened the flood gates and people came from everywhere to get on the boat lol, it was full before 6 so we left a few minutes early.



Then down the rivers we went. It was fun! We saw a croc again it was HUGE the Ticos (costaricans) were like ha ha look at the croc and the Americans were like.... Where, where lettme see! Lol it was funny. After my hour and a half boat ride I got on a bus and road, and road... But I did take pics of the things that I didn't one the way down... Here...



Banana plantations one of the biggest GDP producers in this country! There were millions!

For the most part I didn't take pictures though. I was to busy sleeping of watching my bag...
I got into la fortuna around 430pm.


That my friends is Arenal volcano. It is still an active (well kinda) volcano. It has stopped it's lava flows and is now only expanding and contracting. They don't let people on the volcano any more because there have been rock slides and mudslides. It is a perfect volcano though look at it's shape.

So that is all for now. But I will let you go with a view of my hostel. Look at it and wish you were here. Only $14 a night people.










Micah

Location:Tortugero to La Fortuna

No comments:

Post a Comment